You may be eligible for membership in a Canadian Branch of The Royal Canadian Legion if you are a Canadian Citizen or Commonwealth subject and are of federal voting age.
Have served in or are serving in:
- The Canadian Forces or Her Majesty's Forces(regular force or reserve force with class "C" service)
- the Merchant Navy
- the RCMP
- the Vietnam War (USA,Canadian Ctzn.Commonwealth)
- the Canadian Coast Guard (two or more years active service)
- a city,municipal or provincial police force for at least one year.
Note: please include discharge papers or service card with application.
- Directly related to someone who is or was eligible for Ordinary membership.(proof of servce required)
- are the child of an Associate member
- have served in any branch of Royal Canadian Cadets
- have been a cadet civilian instructor for at least 3 years.
- have served as an officer in the Navy League of Canada for at least 2 years.
- have served in a City, Municipal,Volunteer,Federal Fire Service for at least 1 year.
- are the spouse,parent or sibling of an associate member who qualified to the above criteria.
Note: proof of service and relationship where appropriate is required.
Affiliate Non Voting Membership:
If you do not qualify for Ordinary or Associate membership but support the aims and objectives of The R.C.L. you may apply for this category.
Affiliate Voting membership:
An Affiliate Non Voting member may apply for Affiliate voting membership after two years(24 months) of continuous membership.
Click on the link above